December ~ Woosh

What a busy month. This will be a boring blog, no pretty words or standing on a soapbox. Just a bit of news.

Emma graduated from high school December 20th. She was determined to graduate early and when Emma sets her mind on something, it’s a done deal. Emma is my fashion princess. She often gives me advice on my purchases…including the common statement, “Those are the ugliest shoes. Do not buy those.” To which I reply, “But, but…sooo comfy.” See this blister on my toes? I blame Emma.

She did a trial run in the cap and gown and after she stopped shaking her head at the thing, she said, “I’m going to belt it!” Well she didn’t add a belt but she did wear her suede slouch boots. Cute little Emma. I am so proud of her.


Doug has a new job that keeps him in New Jersey about 2 weeks a month. The kids and I flew up to meet him a week before Christmas. We took a cab to New York City (That ride was straight from the movies) and spent the next day wandering aimlessly about. This was the first time the kids and I had been to NYC. Wow. Great city. Amazing food. Perfect shopping. We are all anxious to go back but next time we will take the train into the city. Ya’ll drive crazy up there!


Evan’s band has “Da Big Show” this Thursday. They have been practicing bunches. This house, which usually has a good many visitors, has not seen many quiet times in the past few weeks. (Band practice is always in my basement) The band, Through the Barricade, recorded two songs recently. They earned the money to record by playing shows. Again, proud Mommy here. The songs are on their MySpace, Through the Barricade. This is quintessential Metal Core. Folksy listeners beware.

Comments

Drea said…
Awe shes graduating. So cool... but im sure its hard for you to see your lil girl growing up so fast. I know its hard for me and my kids are still babies and toddlers lol.
Hope all is well. Take care.